Administrative Policies and Procedures
The American Red Cross requires 6-10 students for a class to run. We should receive your registration form and payment at least one week prior to the class starting date. If there are not enough students registered and paid by this time, we will notify you and refund the class fee.
We are able to keep our prices low because we do not provide a copy of the Lifeguard Training Manual. Please visit the American Red Cross website to download your own digital copy.
- Because classes have a minimum student requirements, 7 days notice is required for participant cancellation to receive a full refund.
- With 4-6 days notice, a student will receive a refund minus a $25.00 administrative fee.
- Students who do not give at least three days notice will forfeit their payment.
- If a student becomes ill and is unable to complete the course, a class credit will be issued and must be used within 3 months of the issue date.
- If a student is unable to complete the pre-course requirements, the student can either re-attempt the pre-course or receive a refund minus a $25.00 pre-course/administrative fee.
PRE-COURSE FOR LIFEGUARD TRAINING (done on the first day of class)
Students must complete the following pre-course in order to participate in the Lifeguard Training class:
1. Swim 300 meters (non-stop, not timed). It can be any combination of freestyle and/or breaststroke.
2. Swim 25 meters, pick up a 10 lb. brick from a depth of 7-10 feet, swim it back to the starting point with both hands on the brick, and exit the pool without using a ladder.
3. Tread water for two minutes using legs only.
For more information, contact Pam Champion at 301-213-3946